The A. C. Moore Herbarium is an important part of the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of South Carolina (Columbia Campus). Founded in 1907 by Dr. Andrew Charles Moore, the original collection of dried plant specimens is now part of an ever-growing collection. Total holdings are just over 120,000 specimens, making the A. C. Moore Herbarium the largest in the state of South Carolina. Researchers and visitors will find a diverse collection of vascular and nonvascular plant material primarily from the Southeastern United States and more specifically from South Carolina. Now over 100 years old, the A. C. Moore Herbarium continues to be an indispensable resource for botanical knowledge. Note to users: Some data fields contain HTML formatting. Please contact us for assistance if this presents an issue with its use.