The Howard University Herbarium (HUDC) is a collection of ca. 12,000 plant specimens housed in Just Hall on Howard University’s main campus. The collection includes a donation from the former Catholic University herbarium, with >1000 specimens from the Caribbean collected between 1890-1920. Other collection strengths include plants of the Mid-Atlantic, especially the DC metropolitan area. Charles Parker, Marie Clark Taylor and H. David Hammond also made substantial contributions the Howard University Herbarium.